Workers Compensation & Alternate Services
Our agency also specializes in other lines of insurance coverage for your business, including workers’ compensation insurance.
Workers’ compensation insurance protects your business and its workers on the job. It provides coverage to employees who suffer a job-related injury or illness. Workers’ compensation insurance coverage can include both medical costs and lost wages for employees who have a valid claim.
The premium you are charged depends upon your past business history, employees job descriptions and your employees’ earnings. Employers are required by law to maintain workers’ compensation insurance on their employees. If you don’t have a sufficient level of workers’ compensation coverage for your business, then you are exposing your business to potential liability.
If an employee is injured while working for you, you can be held liable for the employee’s medical expenses and lost wages during the period that the employee is off work. What’s more, you are required by the state in which you live to maintain workers’ compensation coverage on your employees. If you fail to do so, you can face stiff penalties and fines if an employee is injured and you don’t have any coverage.
- Depending on the level of coverage you choose and state when buying your workers’ compensation insurance, workers’ comp can cover:
- Coverage for illness and injury caused by or occurring on the job site, lost wages
- Legal expenses to defend inappropriate claims
- Coverage for employees injured in other states
- Coverage for funeral expenses for workers loss of life on the job or due to a job-related illness
- Coverage for deceased workers’ families
SL Specialty Insurance is your go-to provider for workers’ compensation insurance to keep you and your employees protected while helping your business remain compliant with any compulsory workers’ compensation laws in your state.